Conrad, the brother of Nicholas Van Orton, prepares a mysterious gift for him. A game, wich will change his whole life. His aim is to make Nicholas realize that there are a lot of other important things in life than his work. The game should show him the importance of the people in his life. But can we really talk about a real game? Isn’t it all made up and where is the reality in it?
One of the most important arguments showing us that it isn’t a real game is that the game is completely organized by other people. It is isn’t a kind of fortune, because everything is made up. I would agree with that it is a real game if everything would be formed spontaniously. But in the film the brother organizes all the things that happen to Nicholas. For instance, Conrad goes to the agent, so called “CRS”, and they create the game. The game is composed of different actions and different persons playing a rol in it. So, if everything is made by the people around him how can we talk about a real game? I think it seemed like a real game, but it wasn’t.
Another importan aspect is that all people participating in a game should have an aim and should. For example in a game you aim to win it. I ratify that there is a common aim- to change Nicholas life. But Nicholas doesn’t have any goals, he just participates. He even doesn’t know the content of the game. He doesn’t have the goal to change his life. It is more like a game played on him. Maybe we can talk about a game for Conrad, bur certainly not for Nicholas.
In contrast, some people may argue that it was a real game, because they really achieved to change Nicholas life. But you should be aware of that it is almost impossible to carry out such a game in real life. Anyway, the tasks Nicholas has to pass are all made by other people. It’s a little bit like sciencefiction. They could even forecast that he will began a suicide what seems really unreal to me.
To sum up, it was one of the most interesting films I have ever watched. It was difficult to fallow what was going on untill the end. But all in all I can say that the game played in this film wasn’t real. Furthermore, I think it is also morally not acceptable to play such a game on someone, because the main character gets psychologically ill. I would describe more like a lesson tought on Nicholas.
Hello Cansel,
YanıtlaSilNice work. You showed efficient proof. There are some misspelling. You just have to be more careful because you pressed the long buttons while writing:] I couldn't find any grammar mistake.
In most sentence punctuation marks were used correctly but still you should be careful little bit more. (Bengi)
dear Cansel;
YanıtlaSilGood job:)you wrote well and you explained your ideas with proofs but you made some mistakes.these mistakes are 'wich ,importan.Further I couldn't understand this sentence 'Another importan aspect is that all people participating in a game should have an aim and should.'
dear Cansel;
YanıtlaSilyou wrote well and efficiently.you explained your ideas with proofs.but I saw some mistakes such as wich,importan.generally your essay is good.(fatma)