Bengi Güngör
10131042 / 1-A
THE GAME IS NOT A GAME THIS TIME
You receive a birthday present. The person that gave it to you says that he wanted you to change your life and realized something which you didn’t have. You wonder what he meant so you decide to apply for playing ‘’the game’’. Suddenly your life becomes a nightmare. Maybe some of you can’t understand what I’m trying to say. I watched a movie called ‘’The Game’’ and I want to talk about it. Actually it’s not a real game. It’s just a bad joke.
First of all, it’s not a game because it’s almost impossible to watch a person wherever he/she goes. You have to put cameras everywhere. The actors working for the company may have led Nicholas to go the places they wanted or to do the things they wanted. Still, they couldn’t be sure because it’s a person’s mind. You can’t guess how it flows.
In a game, everybody should have an aim. But in this movie, everybody was playing the game except Nicholas. He was like a child who didn’t know anything about the game they arranged. They arranged something to make Nicholas a better person and they called it a game. In a game, players are happy always because they know it’s a game. Nicholas was a player of the game but he had never been happy.
Third reason why I think it’s not a real game is about the brother, Conrad. Conrad loving his brother should not have wanted his brother to experience bad things because Nicholas may have got hurt. Even he didn’t get hurt, he was scared to death. He fell into the sea or the worst; he thought he killed his brother. He may have got sick mentally. In a game people don’t get hurt. It’s played to enjoy.
If Conrad wanted his brother to have the thing he didn’t have he could have chosen an easy way. It seems like he wanted to give a present to his brother by hurting him in mentally or physically way. Conrad gave to his brother a bad joke, not a game including love.
Dear Bengi;
YanıtlaSilfirstly,you wrote well. You understood this film and concentrated on your essay but unfortunately I didn't understand exactly what you wanted to tell.I think ,you should have used more convenient vocabulary instead of put. (fatma)
Cansel ISLEK
YanıtlaSilWell, generally I can understand what you mean, but your arguments proofing that it isn't a real game are a little bit wake. Your main ideas are good but you could improve them.
Grammatically, I haven't noticed any serious mistakes.
hi! ı liked your essay and mostly the ıntroduction part. you explained your ideas well. and also there is not grammatical errors. good job. büşra çalışkan
YanıtlaSil